FAQs - Town Clerk


FAQ's Town Clerk

What is the location and contact information for the Town Clerk's office?

Town Hall Room 130

170 MacGregor Ave.

P.O. Box 1200

Estes Park, CO 80517

Phone: 970-577-4777

Fax: 970-577-4770


The Town Clerk's office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday

Does the Town Clerk issue marriage licenses?

No, marriage licenses are issued by the Larimer County Clerk's office at any of their three locations. The Larimer County Clerk's office in Estes Park is located at 1601 Brodie Ave. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The telephone number to the Estes Park office is 970-577-2025. Contact the Larimer County Clerk's office for licensing processes and requirements.

Where do I register to vote?

You can register to vote, update your voter information, or verify your registration status on-line at the Colorado Secretary of State's website, www.sos.state.co.us. You can also verify your voter registration status at www.larimer.co.us/elections. In addition, you can register to vote at the following Estes Park locations:

Larimer County Clerk's Office - Estes Park Branch

1601 Brodie Ave.

Estes Park, CO. 80517


Town Clerk's Office

Town of Estes Park

170 MacGregor Ave., Room 130

Estes Park, CO. 80517

When and where are Town Board and Committee meetings held?

Regular Town Board meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 7 p.m., in the Town Hall Board Room, 170 MacGregor Ave., Estes Park, CO 80517. 

Town Board Study Sessions are held prior to the regular Town Board meetings on an as-needed basis, and are most often held in Town Hall Rooms 202/203. The meeting start time may vary depending upon the number of agenda items to be discussed. 

The Committee Meeting schedule is as follows:

Audit Committee Meeting - 1st Wednesday of each month on an as-needed basis, and are most often held in Town Hall Administrative Conference Room.

Meeting agendas are posted to the Town's website on the Boards and Meetings page. Town Board and Town Board Study Session agendas will be posted five days prior to the meeting. Committee Meeting agendas will be posted seven days prior to the meeting. Meeting packets for Town Board meetings are available on-line by the end of the day on the Wednesday prior to the meeting. Committee Meeting packets are available on-line on the Monday prior to the meeting.

How do I contact a member of the Town Board?

Contact information for the Town Board is available on-line on the Mayor and Trustees page. Mail for Town Board members may be sent to: 

Town Board of Trustees

P.O. Box 1200

Estes Park, CO. 80517.

Additionally, the Board may be addressed during the Public Comment section of regularly scheduled Town Board meetings. The Public Comment section of the meeting is reserved for comments on topics not on the meeting agenda.

How do I make a request to receive copies of Town records?

Requests for records are made through the Town Clerk's office by completing an Open Records Request form. The Town maintains a policy related to these requests for public documents in accordance with the Colorado Open Records Act.

Does the Town of Estes Park have a business licensing requirement?

Yes. A business license is required to conduct business within the town limits of Estes Park. Business licenses are separated into the following categories: Accommodations, Building Contractor, General, Home, Mobile Food Vending, Vacation Home and Bed & Breakfast Registrations. Applications and information are available on the Business Licensing page. Business licenses are issued on a calendar year basis. For additional information, please contact the Clerk's office at 970-577-4777 or townclerk@estes.org.

Do I need a business license to operate a vacation home outside the town limits?

No, a business license is not required to operate a business outside of town limits, however, an operating permit is required for vacation homes and bed & breakfasts which operate outside of the town limits, and located within the Estes Valley Development Code area. There is no charge for an operating permit, which is issued on a calendar year basis. The same rules and regulations apply to all vacation homes, whether they are located within the Estes Park town limits, or in the unincorporated Estes Valley. Application and additional information for vacation homes is available on the Vacation Home Registration page. For additional information, please contact the Clerk's office at 970-577-4777 or townclerk@estes.org.

How do I obtain a liquor license or a Special Event Liquor Permit?

Application for a liquor license for an in-town business must be made through the Town Clerk's office. General information is available on the Liquor Licensing page. The Clerk's office recommends that you call to set up an appointment to obtain licensing paperwork, review licensing requirements and to receive answers to your questions about liquor licensing processes and time frames.

Non-profit organizations are allowed to apply for a liquor permit for up to 15 special events per year. The application must be submitted to the Town Clerk's office a minimum of 30 days prior to the event. Contact the Clerk's office to confirm that your organization is eligible to apply for a Special Event Permit and to obtain the required application. Call 970-577-4777 or email townclerk@estes.org.

Does the Town of Estes Park offer Notary Services?

Yes. Notary Services are available in the Town Clerk's office at no charge. These services can only be provided when proper photo identification is presented to the Notary Public. Please note the Notary must witness any signature on the document requiring notary. 

Appointments are required for extensive or in-depth Notary Services (i.e. closing documents, Will &, Testament or multiple notary documents).