Wildfire Information: Cameron Peak and East Troublesome (Thompson Zone)
11/2: Due to current fire conditions and increased containment on the East Troublesome Fire Thompson Zone and Cameron Peak Fire, fire officials from the Incident Management Team and local authorities have lifted evacuation status for all areas of the fires, including the Estes Valley, Glen Haven and Storm Mountain areas. There are no remaining restrictions at this time.
While current conditions are stable, both fires are still burning and pose a potential, future threat as fuels dry and if wind increases. The fires are expected to burn into the winter when enough snow extinguishes them. Smoke will be visible at times.
It is critical to remain prepared to evacuate quickly, no matter your location. Plan your evacuation route and check its availability at the time of evacuation. All state highways are currently open.
Any businesses that serve visitors are asked to ensure they communicate the importance of evacuation preparedness with visitors, as well. Sign up for emergency alerts at NoCoAlert.org. Please ensure you are following COVID safety precautions at all times.
Firefighters and emergency responders continue to have a heavy presence in the community. Please be conscious of this as you're traveling through Estes Park.
Official fire information resources:
- Sign up for real-time emergency alerts and view the evacuation zones map: www.nocoalert.org
- For text updates on the Troublesome Fire, text the word TFIRE to 888777.
- For text updates on the Cameron Peak Fire, text the word LCEVAC to 888777.
- Watch www.cotrip.org for updates on state highways or call 511.
- Joint Information Center: 970-980-2500 (recorded line only as of 11/3) and www.larimer.org/cameron-peak-fire (evacuation resources, shelter, animals, etc.)
- Information on the East Troublesome Fire Thompson Zone and Cameron Peak Fires is available at https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6964/ or www.facebook.com/cameronpeakfire. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-541-1008
- Smoke Update: https://fires.airfire.org/outlooks/NorthCentralColorado
- Rocky Mountain National Park (currently closed): https://www.nps.gov/romo/learn/fire-information-and-regulations.htm
- Support firefighters and public safety by following the fire bans.
- Have a plan, be ready - resources in English and Spanish https://www.estesvalleyfire.org/cameron-peak-fire-resources
- Information from the Town of Estes Park and local agencies shared at www.facebook.com/townofestesparkco
Please contact Xcel Energy Customer Care with any questions or concerns about natural gas service.
Evacuees have been displaced and potentially exposed to new risks for COVID-19. Please remember the critical importance of limiting contact with others, wearing a mask and social-distancing.