Stay informed and plan ahead
The purpose of this page is to provide accurate and timely information in the event of an emergency managed by the Town of Estes Park. Every community is susceptible to disasters. When disaster strikes, governmental organizations will try to help you, but you also have a responsibility to protect yourself and your family by knowing what to do before, during and after a catastrophic event.
Resources for information on the Kruger Rock Fire
Information and Resources
- The US Forest Service has assumed command of the fire operations, and fire information. (firefighting, fire stats, resources, etc.)
- The Joint Information Center (all agencies) is at 970-980-2500
- Larimer County Sheriff (LCSO) is in command of public safety ops/evacuations.
- Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1LZ4lxWoZRVCYIzOvN2O9HoXidcmZJVvz&usp=sharing
- For evacuation updates, text the word LCEVAC to 888777 from your cell phone
- Boulder County updates and alert subscriptions https://www.boulderoem.com/emergency-status/
- Red Cross is operating an evacuation resource center at 1125 Rooftop Way - at the Town's Event Center.
- YMCA is offering lodging/food to evacuees - call 970-586-3341.Small pets welcome.
- Small animals may be evacuated to the Larimer Humane Society, 3501 E. 71st Street, Loveland & large animals to The Ranch, 5280 Arena Circle, Loveland. Visit www.larimer.org/kruger-rock-fire for more info.
Estes Park Power and Communications Outages
- Power outage map: https://arcg.is/9q5Pz
Visitor Information from Visit Estes Park
- Visit www.cotrip.org for state highway info
- Colorado State Patrol updates for Larimer County state highways: https://twitter.com/CSP_Larimer