Stay informed and plan ahead
The purpose of this page is to provide accurate and timely information in the event of an emergency managed by the Town of Estes Park. Every community is susceptible to disasters. When disaster strikes, governmental organizations will try to help you, but you also have a responsibility to protect yourself and your family by knowing what to do before, during and after a catastrophic event.
- Listen to Estes 1470 AM Information Radio
- Learn about enhanced emergency notifications and sign up at www.leta911.org
- Learn how you can prepare at www.ready.gov.
- Consider using this evacuation checklist from the Estes Valley Library.
- Install a reflective address sign to ensure emergency services can find your home.
- Get familiar with fire safety using resources from the Estes Valley Fire Protection District.
- Are you Firewise? Learn more about wildfire safety.
- Are you a business owner? Learn how you can be prepared for emergencies.
- Do you have a Business Continuity Plan?
- Prepare at work with this Emergency Response Plan template for businesses.
- Report a power outage or water emergency, and learn how to prepare in advance.
- Smoke outlook and health information from the State of Colorado.
- Depending on the location of the emergency, other agencies may be providing information: