I Want To:
- Pay a Parking Citation
There are two ways to pay a parking citation:
- Deposit fine amount in the envelope that accompanied the citation. Affix postage and mail to: The Car Park, PO Box 2285, Estes Park, CO 80517. Checks can be made out to The Car Park. Please do NOT mail cash.
- Pay online.
If a citation is paid within seven days of issuance, the citation fine will be reduced from $50 to $25. The reduction does not apply to citations issued for violations pertaining to spaces reserved for persons with disabilities or for Electric Vehicles.
If you wish to dispute a citation, or think you have received a citation in error, please contact The Car Park at 970-591-2577 or online (enter violation information and click "Appeal" on the following screen).
- Park a Car, Truck or SUV
- The Town has 18 unique parking areas that are available for public use throughout the core of downtown and in one parking structure, located at 691 N. St. Vrain and US Hwy 36.
The 2021 paid parking season concluded on Sunday, October 17. Currently, all public parking areas are free of charge and without time limits. Overnight parking is allowed by permit only and is monitored by the Estes Park Police Department.
Overnight parking is allowed by permit only and is monitored by the Estes Park Police Department.
- Park an RV, Trailer or Bus
Parking for larger vehicles is available at the following locations:
- Events Complex Park-n-Ride: 1125 Rooftop Way (20 spaces)
- Town Hall/Library Parking Lot: 335 E. Elkhorn Avenue (4 spaces)
- Estes Park Visitor Center: 500 Big Thompson Avenue (4 spaces)
Tour Bus Drivers: A driver's lounge is available at the Visitor Center for all commercially-operated tour bus drivers. Please call the Estes Park Visitor Center at 970-577-9900 for more information about lounge hours and amenities.
- Charge an Electric Vehicle
The Parking & Transit Division, in partnership with Estes Park Power & Communications, is proud to provide several Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations around downtown Estes Park. Charging station locations, instructions and use instructions can be found here.
- Ride the Town's Free Shuttle
The 2021 summer season ended on Sunday, October 18. The Town’s 2021-2022 Winter Trolley Service will begin on November 1 and run every Monday, Wednesday and Friday through May 27. Service times will be 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Details about this free service – including stop locations – will be posted here in late October.
The Town offers a variety of annual and seasonal parking permits for locals, employees and business owners, downtown residents, downtown rental property owners as well as overnight parking permits for limited general use.
The following permit types will be available for renewal or purchase beginning January 15, 2022:
- Local 60 Minute
- Employee Permit: Convenience Pass
- Overnight Permit: Downtown Resident
- Overnight Permit: Downtown Rental Unit / Commercial Lodging
- Business Permit: Commercial Loading
Information on the general overnight permits currently available are listed below.
Town parking permits are governed by Public Works Policy #842. Overnight parking is allowed by permit only and monitored by the Estes Park Police Department.
- Overnight Permit: General Use
Price: $10 per permit per night (for up to seven nights)
Location: Estes Park Events Complex (1125 Rooftop Way). Parking is only permitted in specific, signed areas. No overnight camping is permitted on Town-owned property per Public Works Overnight Parking Policy #841.
Options for Purchase: Overnight permits can be purchased using the ParkMobile application (available for Apple or Android). The ParkMobile Zone # is 27001. Users without a smart phone may call 877-727-5951 to pay. Advanced reservations are NOT necessary; simply park and pay.
- Overnight Permit: Parking Structure
Eligibility: Overnight permits are only available to those that register their vehicle(s) in advance.
Price: $0 per permit per night (for up to seven nights)
Options for Permit Renewal or Purchase: