In November 2016, the Transportation Advisory Board of the Town of Estes Park, Colorado recommended the development of a Downtown Parking Strategy to explore three key elements:
- Seasonal paid parking
- An employee parking program
- A downtown parking expansion plan
The purpose of this Parking Management Plans is to:
- Provide a summary of past evaluation and findings related to this initiative
- Outline key considerations and high-level costs and revenues associated with available options
- Give an overview of methods and strategies for successful implementation of recommendations
The recommendations from the Parking Management Plan have been developed to achieve the following goals:
- Enhance the ease of visitor access to Downtown Estes Park by encouraging turnover of the most centrally-located and convenient parking spaces.
- Encourage individuals in need of long-term parking (more than three hours) to utilize parking lots outside or on the edge of Downtown in order to prioritize the most centrally-located parking for shortterm parking demands.
- Improve multimodal transportation options to provide convenient alternatives to parking within the Downtown Core.
- Identify cost-effective options for expanding the parking supply within Downtown as needed to support economic vitality.
This plan is a component of the broaderDowntown Plan.