Visit "Where can I get vaccinated" or call 1-877-COVAXCO (1-877-268-2926) for vaccine information.

Town Clerk

Town Clerk

To schedule an appointment, contact the appropriate staff member, preferably by email, when in-person meetings are necessary. Town staff will continue to conduct virtual or telephone meetings with customers as much as possible. Customers with appointments should use the main/Police Department entrance to Town Hall, facing Bond Park. 


The Town Clerk's Office provides administrative assistance to the Mayor and Town Board.

In addition, the Clerk's Office is responsible for Public Meeting Agendas, Packet Materials, and Videos, Meeting Minutes, Master Calendar of Public Town Meetings, Mayor and Trustees, Business Licensing, Liquor Licensing, Liquor Violation Sentencing Guidelines, Official Records and Open Records Requests, Ordinances, Elected and Appointed Board Contact Information, Elected Officials - National, State, and County, Municipal Code, and Elections.

Notary Services are available in the Town Clerk's office. Appointments are required for all Notary Services. For more information navigate to the FAQ at the bottom of this page.


Official Meetings

Town Clerk FAQs

Do I need a business license to operate a vacation home outside the town limits?

A business license is not required to operate a business outside of town limits.

An operating Registration is required for vacation homes and bed & breakfasts which operate outside of the town limits. Please contact Larimer County at 970-498-7719 or at for more information. 

Does the Town Clerk issue marriage licenses?

No, marriage licenses are issued by the Larimer County Clerk's office at any of their three locations. Contact the Larimer County Clerk's office for licensing processes and requirements.

Larimer County Clerk's Office - Estes Park Branch
1601 Brodie Ave.
Estes Park, CO  80517
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 970-577-2025.

Does the Town of Estes Park have a business licensing requirement?

Yes. A business license is required to conduct business within the town limits of Estes Park. Business licenses are separated into the following categories: Accommodations, Building Contractor, General, Home, Mobile Food Vending, Vacation Home and Bed & Breakfast Registrations. Applications and information are available on the Business Licensing page. Business licenses are issued on a calendar year basis. For additional information, please contact the Clerk's office at 970-577-4777 or

Does the Town of Estes Park offer Notary Services?

Yes. Appointments are required for all Notary Services. Notary Services are available in the Town Clerk's office at no charge.

The following are required for all Notary Services:

  • Unexpired photo identification with signature.
  • Documents needing notary must be printed and prepared.
  • The Notary must witness any signature on the document requiring notary. 
  • Witnesses, if required, must be provided the signer due to current staffing limitations.
How do I contact a member of the Town Board?

Contact information for the Town Board is available on-line on the Town Board Members page. Mail for Town Board members may be sent to:  

Town Board of Trustees 
P.O. Box 1200
Estes Park, CO  80517 

Additionally, the Board as a whole may be addressed during the Public Comment section of regularly scheduled Town Board meetings. The Public Comment section of the meeting is reserved for comments on topics not on the meeting agenda.

How do I obtain a liquor license or a Special Event Liquor Permit?

Application for a liquor license for an in-town business must be made through the Town Clerk's office. General information is available on the Liquor Licensing page. The Clerk's office recommends that you call to set up an appointment to obtain licensing paperwork, review licensing requirements and to receive answers to your questions about liquor licensing processes and time frames.

Non-profit organizations are allowed to apply for a liquor permit for up to 15 special events per year. The application must be submitted to the Town Clerk's office a minimum of 30 days prior to the event. Contact the Clerk's office to confirm that your organization is eligible to apply for a Special Event Permit and to obtain the required application. Call 970-577-4777 or email

How do I request Town records?

Requests for records are made through the Town Clerk's office by completing an Open Records Request form. The Town maintains a policy related to these requests for public documents in accordance with the Colorado Open Records Act.

When and where are Town Board and Committee meetings held?

Regular Town Board meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 7 p.m., in the Town Hall Board Room, 170 MacGregor Ave., Estes Park, CO 80517. 

Town Board Study Sessions are held prior to the regular Town Board meetings on an as-needed basis, and are most often held in Town Hall Rooms 202/203. The meeting start time may vary depending upon the number of agenda items to be discussed. 

Audit Committee Meeting - 1st Wednesday of each month on an as-needed basis, and are most often held in Town Hall Administrative Conference Room.

Meeting agendas are posted to the Town's website on the Boards and Meetings page. Agendas and meeting packets are posted by the end of the day on the Wednesday prior to the meeting. 

Where do I register to vote?

Register to vote, update voter information, or verify registration status on-line at the Colorado Secretary of State's website, In addition, you can register to vote at the following Estes Park locations:

Larimer County Clerk's Office - Estes Park Branch
1601 Brodie Ave.
Estes Park, CO  80517

Town Clerk's Office
Town of Estes Park
170 MacGregor Ave., Room 130
Estes Park, CO  80517