- COVID-19 Update: Finance/Utility Billing operations adjustments in November
The Town’s Finance Department is working 100% remotely after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on Nov. 6.
All staff members, when working in the office, wear masks and maintain distancing in compliance with public health guidelines, so the shift to remote work is out of an abundance of caution so that other staff may isolate.
Town Hall has been closed to the public during the pandemic in order to help mitigate the risk to the public and our staff. Finance staff have had no direct contact with any member of the public.
A few operational adjustments will need to occur in November.
Utility Billing: Payment posting delays: If you made a water and electric payment and either mailed or deposited it in the MacGregor Avenue drop box, your November utility bill may not reflect the payment yet. Pending payments are expected to be processed upon return to the office, late November or even December. This is our delay and there is no need for concern. There is no need to call us. If you have any questions about your account in November, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is preferred as staff work remotely. If you are unable to email us, please call 970-577-3567. Thank you for your patience as we work through the call volume. Your caller IDs will reflect our staff members' personal phone numbers, not the Town of Estes Park, due to the remote environment. Online payments can be made at www.estes.org/onlinepayments.
Accounts Payable: If you are a vendor awaiting a payment from the Town in November, please be aware that checks may be delayed by approximately 1-2 weeks. We appreciate your patience.
The Utility Billing Department is responsible for generating, processing and collecting approximately 15,000 electric and water utility account billings each month. For help with questions regarding a utility bill, please call 970-577-4800.
The department responds to:
- Utility customer requests for connects
- Disconnects and transfers of ownership of Town utility service
- General billing questions
- Delinquency and collection-related issues
- Processing of utility bill payments
Budget billing spreads out utility payments evenly throughout the year. Meters will still be read each month and bills will reflect details of actual charges and consumption. Accounts will settle up once a year for the difference between actual charges and payments made each month. Contact the Utility Billing staff for more information.
How to pay a utility bill:
- Mail to: Utility Billing Department, P.O. Box 1747, Estes Park, CO 80517
- Bring in person to: Utility Billing Department, 170 MacGregor Ave., room 160
- Drive through drop box located on MacGregor Avenue
- E-check, credit or debit card paid through the Water and Electric Customer Service Portal.
How to set up a new utility account:
- New residential renter - if a good account history for a minimum of six months has not been established, a $100 deposit will be required to begin service. Please bring or call to make payment to the Utility Billing Department, 170 MacGregor Ave., room 160.
- New residential owner - please call the Utility Billing Department at least 24 hours in advance to transfer service from the previous property owner.
- If commercial customer - please call the Utility Billing Department for deposit information.
For more information, please contact the Utility Billing Department at 970-577-4800. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding major holidays.