The below form must be completed for the following license types:
General, Home Building Contractor, Mobile Food Vending, Accommodations or Individual Accommodation Units.
|Business License Type
|Mobile Food Vendor
|Accommodations, 5 Units or Less
|Accommodations, 6 to 20 Units
|Accommodations, 21 Units or More
- Building Contractor Licenses
Building Contractor License Applications are available through the Building Safety Division and verify qualifications of contractors performing work within the Town limits. There is no fee for a contractor license, however, a Town Business License is required prior to the issuance of the contractor license.
- Credit Card Fees
All credit card payments made online are subject to a $0.75 transaction fee and 2.25% processing fee. These fees are collected by the State of Colorado and are automatically applied on the payment portal.
- Home Business
All home businesses operating inside Town limits must meet the Estes Park Development Code Home Occupations Regulations.
- License Communication
All communication regarding licenses will be done by email, a valid email address is required for all Business Licenses. If the renewal notice or license is not received in a timely manner, please ensure the email has not gone to a spam folder and recognize the email address for future correspondence. If still not found, please call the Clerk's Office at 970-577-4777.
- License Databases
To view Licensed Businesses, Liquor Licenses, Vacation Homes, and Bed and Breakfasts, please visit the Records Portal. Databases are available as a searchable PDF or downloadable Excel Spreadsheet. Please call the Clerk's Office at 970-577-4777 if issues occur while accessing the Records Portal.
- License Expiration
All licenses expire on December 31 of each year, and a grace period of January 31 of each year is in place for submitting required renewal paperwork and applicable fee. Residential zoned vacation homes which do not renew by the deadline shall forfeit their license and are subject to reapplication and cap limits.
- License Information Changes
To update License information Please indicate any changes to the information on file with the Clerk's office by completing an updated Business Licenses Application, or Change of Information form for Bed and Breakfast and Vacation Home Licenses. Return to the Clerk's office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Attn: Town Clerk's Office, P. O Box 1200, Estes Park, CO 80517.
- Mobile Food Vendor Licenses
All mobile food vendors operating inside Town limits must have an active business license issued by the Town and an Estes Valley Fire Protection District (EVFPD) Operating Permit. For more information about the EVFPD Operating Permit please visit estesvalleyfire.org
Mobile Food Vending Operational Standards
Outdoor Mobile Food Vendors are permitted in: A, CD, CO, CH, I1 Zoning and are defined as any person, whether as owner, agent, consignee or employee, who sells or attempts to sell, or who offers to the public free of charge, any services, goods, wares or merchandise, including, but not limited to, food or beverage, from any licensed vehicle.
All outdoor mobile food vendors shall meet the following requirements:
- Outdoor mobile food vending uses shall not violate any applicable conditions of approval that apply to the principal use on the site.
- Outdoor mobile food vendors shall be classified as accessory uses in the zone districts in which they are permitted provided they are on lots that contain a principal building where active operations are being conducted.
- Outdoor mobile food vendors shall be prohibited on undeveloped lots.
- Permanent signage shall be allowed only on the outdoor mobile food vendor vehicle. One temporary sign may be placed by the outdoor mobile food vendor on the site. The temporary sign shall meet the applicable regulations of Chapter 17.66.
- The outdoor mobile food vendor vehicles shall not be located any of the following places: a)Within the extended boundaries of a crosswalk; b)Within ten (10) feet of the extension of any building entranceway, and or doorway; c)In a location in which the vehicle, may impede or interfere with or visually obstruct;
- the safe movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic;
- parking lot circulation; or
- access to any public street, alley or sidewalk;
- The outdoor mobile food vendor shall have available a suitable container for the placement of litter by customers and shall pick up and dispose of any paper, cardboard, wood or plastic containers, wrappers or any litter on site.
- Each outdoor mobile food vendor shall not leave the outdoor mobile food vehicle unattended for more than fifteen (15) minutes at any one time while engaged in business operations.
- Each outdoor mobile food vendor shall comply with the provisions of all applicable rules regulations and ordinances of the Town and County as well as requirements of all state and federal laws, including, but not limited to noise restrictions, sign regulations, limitations on discharge of liquid waste, sales tax requirements, food safety, wildlife protection and other related requirements.
- Non-Profit Businesses
Businesses which operate as a non-profit business and maintain a tax-exempt status with the United States IRS are not required to obtain a business license with the Town of Estes Park.
- Renewal Notice or License not Received
Renewal notices are emailed as a courtesy in the first week of December for issuance in the following year. If the renewal notice or license is not received in a timely manner, please ensure the email has not gone to a spam folder and recognize the email address for future correspondence. If still not found, please call the Clerk's Office at 970-577-4777.
- Sales Tax License
A Colorado Sales Tax License or Colorado Account number is required for the sale and/or rental of goods. A valid Sales Tax License is obtained through the Colorado Department of Revenue website, Taxation Division or in person at the Fort Collins Tax office, 3030 South College.
- Tax Rates
A sales tax chart for each year can be found by visiting www.estes.org/salestax.
- VH or B&B Compliance Concerns