The Parking & Transit Division, in partnership with Estes Park Power & Communication, is proud to provide several Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations around Estes Park.
The charging stations are open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Use of the Town's public EV charging stations is guided by the Electric Vehicle Charging Station Usage Policy (Public Works Policy 840).
- The Town's public charging stations are located on the east side of the Town's parking structure at 691 N Saint Vrain Ave/U.S. 36 and on the north side of the Municipal Parking Lot (Town Hall and Library), 335 E. Elkhorn Ave.
- View a map of the Town's public parking and EV charging station locations.
- The charging units are provided by ChargePoint and use a Level 2 (24-volt) power source.
- Electric Vehicle parking spaces are subject to the posted time limits. If an EV is parked,at a charging station beyond the posted time limit, the vehicle will be subject to a parking citation of $25. The citation will be assessed directly via the user's ChargePoint account. The purpose of this citation is to manage the Town's limited EV charging stations.
- A free mobile application is needed to activate the station. EV drivers who wish to use the charging stations must first install the ChargePoint application and register for a free account with ChargePoint.
- The ChargePoint app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices, and can be found by searching for 'ChargePoint' wherever you access your apps.
- Sign up for a free ChargePoint account by visiting www.chargepoint.com, or by calling 1-888-758-4389. Opt-in to ChargePoint's notification feature, which will send you a text or email when your vehicle is fully charged.