Always call 911 in emergencies. If you are a victim of a crime or know of a crime in progress please call dispatch at 970-586-4000 before referring to the information below.
I want to...
Estes Valley Crisis Advocates provides service to Estes Park and the surrounding valley. EVCA services can be accessed by calling 970-577-9781 Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To access services after hours, during weekends and on holidays, call dispatch at 970-586-4000 to request an advocate. Dispatchers only need your name and phone number to connect you to an advocate.
The Estes Park Police Department provides breathalyzer tests (BA's/PBT's) Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding holidays) and on weekends from 8a.m. to 5p.m. You can request a breathalyzer by coming to the Police Department lobby, located inside Town Hall at 170 MacGregor Ave. You do not need to call ahead or make an appointment, however, wait time will depend on the availability of officers. Tests cost $15 for each occurrence. The Police Department does not provide UAs. If you need a BA after-hours or on weekends, you can contact one of the following Estes Park providers:
- Recovery Abuse Program (RAP) at 970-577-7046. Services provided: UAs, BAs and Antabuse.
- The Counseling Place at 970-586-6644. Services provided: UAs, BAs, DUI Education, Approved DOC provider.
New Fingerprinting Process
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is in the process of implementing a new, Statewide Digital Fingerprinting Process known as CABS (Colorado Applicant Background Services) in response to Senate Bill 17-189. The CBI recently awarded two contracts allowing third party vendors to print and submit non-criminal applicant fingerprints for the State. Due to these changes, civilian fingerprinting services were discontinued by the Estes Park Police Department on September 21, 2018. Please reference the linked information below for help acquiring these services from CBI's authorized fingerprinting vendors. These vendor services will be located throughout the State, increasing applicants' ability to obtain fingerprints in a timely manner. These services will also reduce the burden on Law Enforcement agencies as the vendors will electronically transmit the civil fingerprints. The processing time and rejections will decrease tremendously.
Approved Fingerprinting Vendor
How the CABS Program Will Work:
Appointments and online registration are required! Choose to be fingerprinted at any of CABS locations; CABS is in the process of opening over 40 locations throughout the State of Colorado.
When fingerprinting is needed, the new streamlined process looks like this:
- Online Registration (required) - Register through the online Enrollment Center where you will be asked to identify yourself and the entity requesting the report.
- Convenient Location and Time - Use the Enrollment Center to select a convenient location, date and time for an appointment.
- Payment or Billing Account - After providing all required information, you can pay with either credit card, money order or provide a billing account number if provided by your requesting institution.
- Confirmation - Receive an appointment confirmation with your "Order Number" by text and by email.
- Fingerprinting - Go to the fingerprint location at the scheduled time. Provide the "Order Number" to the enrollment agent along with your government issued photo ID (drivers license, state issued ID, US passport or foreign-issued passport). Livescan fingerprints, digital photo and digital signature are then captured and submitted to CBI.
- Results - The results are returned by CBI to the entity requesting the report.
- Status - Login to the Enrollment Center at any time to see the status of your fingerprint submission.
Please contact CABS at 720-292-2722, toll free at 833-244-2227 or email email@example.com with questions or for assistance.
If the arrested party has been transferred to the Larimer County Jail, you can contact them at 970-498-5225. If the person has been booked, you can view their charges and court information by searching their name (last name first) on the Larimer County Jailwebsite. If the party is still at Estes Park Police Department, you can call dispatch at 970-586-4000 to request to speak with the officer on the case.
To speak with an officer, call police dispatch at 970-586-4000. If the officer is not on duty you can request to leave a message on their voicemail. Never report a crime by leaving a message for an officer, always ask the dispatcher to speak to an officer who is on duty.
To obtain a police report, call Records at 970-577-3830 or visit the Police Department front desk, located at 170 MacGregor Ave. Be prepared to provide the following information if you have it:
- Type of Request (Motor Vehicle Accident, Police Report, Dispatch Recording)
- Your contact information (Name, Address, Phone Number)
- Report Number
- Report Date
- Incident Location
- Person(s) in incident
Printable records request forms, fee information and information on requests via mail are available on the Records website page. Once you have completed the request and payment is received, Records will begin to process your request. Most reports are available to the public within 72 hours of the request, depending upon the status of the case. Some reports are not eligible for release per state statute or aren't releasable until approved by the investigations unit.
The Estes Park Police Department does not issue protection orders. To obtain a protection order, contact an attorney or the Larimer County Courts at 970-679-4417. Additional information on protection orders can be found on the Colorado Judicial Branch website.
Concealed Handgun Permits are issued and administered by the Larimer County Sheriff's Office in Fort Collins. Contact the Sheriff's Office at 970-416-1985 or visit their Concealed Handgun Permit page for more information on obtaining, renewing and applying for a concealed handgun permit.
To register for a pet license with the Town of Estes Park, please visit the finance department in Town Hall located at 170 MacGregor Ave., Estes Park, CO 80517. Or you can contact the finance department at 970-577-3568. Find more information on the finance page.
Always call 911 in emergencies. To report a code violation, please visit the Code Enforcement page or call 970-586-4000. Requests to speak with a code enforcement officer can also be made at the front window of Estes Park Police Department, located at 170 MaGregor Ave., during normal business hours.
Always call 911 in emergencies. To report a crime, call dispatch at 970-586-4000 to be connected with a police officer. Reports can also be made in person at Estes Park Police Department, located at 170 MacGregor Ave.
Always dial 911 in an emergency. If you are unsure which agency to contact, call police dispatch at 970-586-4000 and the dispatcher will assist you in determining the correct one. The list below contains non-emergency numbers to all Emergency Services in the Estes Valley:
- Allenspark Fire Department: 303-747-2586
- Big Thompson Canyon Fire Department: 970-203-0348
- Estes Park Fire Department: 970-577-0900 (Administrative)
- Estes Park Health and Ambulance Service: 970-586-2317
- Estes Park Police Department: 970-586-4000
- Glen Haven Fire Department: 970-586-5406
- Larimer County Sheriff's Office: 970-416-1985
- Pinewood Springs Fire Department: 303-823-5086