Accident Reporting







Colorado Law requires motorists to report all motor vehicle accidents which result in damage or injury. If you are involved in an accident and do not feel the need to call 911 because there are no injuries and no vehicles are blocking traffic, you may request Police assistance by calling dispatch at 970-586-4000. In some situations involving minor accidents with very little damage, or during a period of "Accident Alert", the responding Officer may instruct you to submit a counter report. To do this, you may either come to the Estes Park Police Department lobby at 170 MacGregor Avenue, or report the accident online to the Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles.