Electrical inspections in the Power and Communications service area are performed by different entities depending on the county. Power and Communications require proof of a passed electrical inspection (i.e. a meter release) from the inspector before a service can be connected. Power and Communications will connect the service or set the meter within 5 business days of receiving a passed inspection.
- Information on obtaining electrical permits for projects in Larimer County can be found on the State webpage for Electrical and Plumbing permits. Please refer to this Q&A to see if you need to obtain an electrical permit.
CO Electrical Permits
- Information on building permits within Town limits can be found at Building Safety and Permitting.
Town Building Permit
- Information on building permits in unincorporated Larimer County can be found at Larimer County Building
- Information on building permits in Boulder County
- Contact the State Electrical Inspector
303-869-3446,or 1-855-451-9790 (toll-free)
- Contact the Boulder County Land Use Office
Building Safety &, Inspection Services:
Email: Ask a Building Official
To request an electrical inspection
In Larimer County, both inside and outside Town limits, electrical inspections are performed by a state electrical inspector. Currently, David Alfers is the State Electrical Inspector assigned to the Estes Valley. He is available for inspections in the Estes Valley area Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Inspections should be scheduled no later than the day prior to the date of inspection.
Inspection requests should be submitted through the State Online Permit System.
- Log in with your EC registration # and click the permit number that you wish to be inspected.
- Then scroll down to the "Request Inspection" button and click it.
- Fill out the information and click submit. It will be sent to the appropriate inspector, who will add the job to his schedule.
- When your permit has been scheduled, you will see the following notation in red: "This permit number is on your inspector's itinerary for an inspection today". There will be additional information provided with this message.
In Boulder County, electrical inspections are performed by County inspectors. To schedule an inspection call 303-441-3925, then Press "1".
The permit number and inspection code are required to schedule inspections.
The permit number can be found on the top right-hand corner of the permit card and begins with "BP".
Please see the Boulder County Building Inspections page for complete instructions and information.