The mission of the citizen-led Town of Estes Park Transportation Advisory Board (TAB) is to advise the Board of Trustees and the Public Works staff on:
- Local and Regional Comprehensive Transportation Planning Policies that protect air quality, diminish congestion, and enhance the safety and quality of life for the citizens, businesses, and visitors to the Estes Valley, including but not limited to pedestrian, bicycle, automobile and transit modes.
- Maintenance, Operation, and Expansion Programs for all modes of the Town's transportation system.
- Transportation Capital Projects to ensure the Town's transportation goals and policies for roads, trails, parking, signage and transit are implemented.
The TAB meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 12 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend and public comment is heard at regular meetings. Materials for current and archived TAB meetings can be accessed by selecting Transportation Advisory Board on the Boards and Meetings page. Currently, there are three vacant seats on the TAB; applications can be found on the Volunteering at the Town of Estes Park webpage.
To inquire about the TAB, email Greg Muhonen, Staff Liaison.
- Transportation Advisory Board Members
Name Term Expiration Belle Morris, Chair March 31, 2023 Kristen Ekeren, Vice-Chair March 31, 2024 Ann Finley March 31, 2023 Larry Gamble March 31, 2023 Javier Bernal March 31, 2024 Gordon Slack March 31, 2024 Jessica Ferko March 31, 2025 Linda Hanick March 31, 2025 Mark Igel March 31, 2025 Trustee Patrick Martchink, Town Board Liaison Greg Muhonen, Staff Liaison
- Safe Routes to School Task Force
During regularly scheduled Transportation Advisory Board meetings nearing the end of 2020, it was determined a need to the community to comprise a Safe Routes to School Task Force. The first three meetings were held on December 21, 2020, and January 4 and 11, 2021.
The purpose of this task force is to identify sidewalk and trail needs, as well as educate and encourage parents, teachers, and others about the Safe Routes to School program and the shared goal of keeping children safe to and from school.